Saturday, July 11, 2015

Fear Not

Many times in Scripture, Satan sees God moving in a person's life and he gets scared. He tries to throw everything he's got at the individual in order to redirect them out of God's plan. But no matter what the devil throws our way, God never ceases to make known to his children that he is in charge. For many Christians, after a few attacks from Satan come their way, they tend to back off a little and are scared to share what God has put in them. There have been times when this same fear sweeps over me. But then I look through all of God's word and time after time, he encourages the believers by saying, "Do not be afraid". This phrase is written in the Bible 365 times. There is not a doubt in my mind that god was very intentional about this. He has prepared us, in that every day of our walk with Him, we have nothing to fear. Such examples of this can be found in Isaiah 41:10," Fear not for I am with you, Be not dismayed, For I am your God. I WILL strength you, yes, I WILL help you. I WILL uphold you with my righteous right hand". Did you catch that? Here God is saying don't worry, I've got you covered. Another passage on "fear not" is found in the book of Psalms, chapter 56:3-4," Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God(I will trust his word). In God I have put my trust. I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?" In another translation, verse 4 says it this way," In God I trust and am not afraid, what can mere mortals do to me?" This is saying that though people may reject you, they can not do anything to you on their own. That in itself should be encouraging enough to not stop us from sharing the good news of Christ. Again in the psalms, in the 23 chapter, David writes about fear," Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL, for you are with me your rod and your staff, they comfort me"-verse 1. 

To list every example of "Fear not..." in scripture would be exhausting. I just want you to realize that whatever you are going through, whether Satan is attacking like the snake he is in more areas than one in your life, or doing those times in your life when things just don't seem to be going the way you intended. DO NOT FEAR. Satan is not all knowing, all powerful or everywhere at once. He is limited in his "power" and does not see how things will play out in the end. He is even more scared of what God is doing in us, than anything he tries to do in us and to us. He will do anything he can to make sure that you do not receive what God has for you, because though he does not know what it is, he knows with it, there will be nothing that can stand in your way. 


So in your life, let go of your fear, and God will remove it and give you his strength, his power, his comfort, his security, his boldness and the ability to do whatever is needed to equip us and use us to the highest possible capability through the Holy Spirit and his Son Jesus Christ. "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep quiet. For I am with you and no one will attack you to hurt you, for I have many people in this city" Remember, you are not fighting this spiritual battle alone. There are people all over the world fighting this same fight through numerous difficulties that rise up. Do not be afraid to speak up and to speak out the things that need to be said in order to keep Satan confined to death and the grave where he must stay. Walk in trust and boldness in all that you do, and Satan's schemes will never get you down.


Adam Semple- a young man on a mission from God 

1 comment: