Saturday, February 20, 2016

Awesome God

Sometimes, the greatest realizations come from the simplest things. Looking at pictures, dreaming about what God is getting ready to do, my little 5 year old brother starts singing. Not Frozen, or what does the Fox say. This kid breaks out into a song of full belief. "My God is Awesome. He can move mountains. Keep me in the valley, Hide me from the rain." We did not even know he knew this song, yet the lyrics are flowing from him, and it brought me to tears. My God is Awesome. So what if there is a mountain in your way. My God is Awesome. Bills piling up. My God is Awesome. Deadlines quickly approaching. My God is Awesome. We serve an awesome God.

"For the Lord Most High is Awesome, the great king over all the Earth"-Psalms 47:2.

"You, God, are Awesome in your sanctuary: the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!"- Psalms 68:35

Why do we doubt that God knows what he is doing? Why do we question if He is even listening to our prayers? It is because we have forgotten that Our God is Awesome. I don't care that I have said a thousand times, I will say it a thousand more to make sure these words get deep down into my spirit. God is bigger than all of our problems and dilemmas. That mountain that has hindered you in the past, it is going to be moved in such powerful ways, that even the people around you will be full of aw. Google defines awesome as this: breathtaking, magnificent, awe-inspiring, mind-boggling, mind-blowing and marvelous, just to name a few. My God is all that and a bag of chips. Our language is not capable of fully describing the awe of the our Father in Heaven. HE IS AWESOME!!!!!

Tell a friend, shout it to the world. "Guess what world, My God is Awesome. No mountain in my path can survive, no army that opposes can stand. Hear this Satan. Nothing you throw at me will knock me down, because I have the Awesome god fighting in my corner. You have had your fun, but now, its God's turn, and he is coming in swinging. Every place you thought you had control over, just wait. He is coming with a double-edged sword, and he is going to strike down every stronghold you have once occupied. You can't touch me. You can't have my family. You can't steal my joy. You can't destroy my future. I serve an Awesome God who is about to kick you sorry tail back to hell where it came from, and this time, there will be no escape for you. Have fun in the lake, because my God has already conquered you, and there is nothing you can do about it."

Don't worry about your situation. If God has promised it, he will do it, in his timing, and in a way that only he could. You want to know why? Because your God is Awesome, and he will never let you down.

"My God is Awesome"- Charles Jenkins, Fellowship Chicago

Adam Semple- A Young Man on a Mission

*photo credit- saltlightandwitnesses.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment