Saturday, June 4, 2016

Drawing Faces

Drawing Faces is not an easy thing to do. You have to make sure everything is even and in its proper place, as well as ensure that when it is done, it looks good to the person it is copied after. I am an Artist. I love to draw and imagine and showcase what I have done. Sometimes, unexpectedly, my eyes will look at a patch on a wall, and in my head, I see a face. Rarely is it ever the same face, but it is a face nonetheless. When I see the face, I picture how I can draw it out on paper so people can see what I see, but no matter how hard I try, it never looks quite right. Not only that, but if I look away from the spot for too long and try to stumble upon the face once more, my brain only sees the remnant of what once was. I feel like life can be like this somehow. We start off with nothing but a blank slate, then suddenly, we get something. An image. A face. We visualize it in our head, and we think about what we are to do with this image.  But then we look away. We get distracted by another spot and after we have regained our focus, we can't seem to find what was just there. So we do 1 of 2 things. 1) We try to force our brain to remember the image, or 2) we simply walk away as if nothing happened. More often than not, the face is a fleeting image lost in the mazes of our head, never to be rediscovered by our eyes. But what if the face was shown to you for more. Perhaps it was a person God was asking you to talk to, yet you were so focused on trying to recapture the moment, that you missed God's little whisper or nudge. I can't tell you how many of these faces I have seen in my years as an artist. Some are silly, and strange. Others are regular looking people who think they are simply lost in the crowd. What if we need to find them, and guide them home. What if that person has been standing next to you the whole time, but you were so busy with your world that you never took notice of them. Maybe, I am just a little crazy in my head. Maybe they are just faces. But what if their not? Perhaps God has shown these to me so that As I draw them, I think about who they are, what they do, how they live. It might be beneficial to pray for these people, without knowing if they are even real at all. A little prayer could be all that person needs from you. God could be taking any opportunity he can get to push us into praying on a whim when something flashes by our heads. Never underestimate the power of a simple prayer. It could save a life, or fill a person with supernatural peace. Your prayer could be the answer to theirs. To know that somebody is thinking about them even though they don't know me, and I don't know them. I will continue to draw. It is my hope that I haven't missed entirely God's nudges, but that from now on, when a face crosses my mind, I do something about. It is my prayer that you will do the same.

From an inspiring artist using the gifts he has been given,
Adam Semple- a young man on a mission from God.

*photo credit- everyonecandraw.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment