Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Dream The Impossible

What is a dream? A dream is an unexplainable occurrence that happens when our subconscious falls asleep and our mind takes over. According to science and brain study, we dream hundreds of times in a night, yet for some reason, we wake up barely remembering any of them. Every once in awhile, we will awaken from our slumber, there are fragments left in our thoughts. I have no idea if these are all from the same dream, or just a summary of the night's adventures, but either way, we try so hard to remember even the smallest details and we try to piece together what took place in our head. So, what do we do with these images left over? For me, I spend the whole day wondering what everything in the dream meant and if I remember everything correctly. Most of the time, dreams are just a strange combinations of the day's events, but sometimes, our dreams are small images of what God wants us to do with our life. In life, we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that it takes our own deepest thoughts to awaken us to our calling and purpose. So how do we turn our dreams from simple images, to life long goals. Well, we need to do something about them. We need to put into action what has already be put in us. All of us have a purpose and a plan. All of us can change the world though the things already inside of us, we just need to make it a goal rather than just a thought. The difference between a dream an a goal is this. A dream is a passing thought. A "I was a pilot in this dream I had last night, wouldn't that be cool if I could actually do that?" Its just a thought that we don't do anything about. A goal is saying, "In my dream, I was the captain on a plane. What can I do to make that a reality?" A goal has a set end date. "By this time next year, I want to be in aviation school and become the best pilot who has ever traveled the wide open sky." That is a goal. Making plans and taking steps that will get you in a new place with a renewed purpose. What to know my dream? My dream is to have a film studio dedicated to make christian entertainment better and better than it already is. I want to know everything there is to know about all types of cameras and lighting and sound and everything involved with the behind the scenes of a movie production. But I can not get to that place if I let my dream stay a dream. I have to take initiative and look past the now and look toward the future. Having a goal doesn't mean you have all the answers, it just means that you have a destination in place that will not change no matter the obstacles that arise, or the setbacks we will face. Do something about your dreams, or they will be all but forgotten in the vast maze of memories known as the human brain. It is time to change our dreams into goals and take charge and do something about it.
Adam Semple- A Young Man On A Mission From God.
*photo credit- sampacommunity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment