Saturday, October 8, 2016

Junk In The Trunk

"Come on out and let's make our junk, your junk. Yard sale today from then to now"

Last week, my family had a yard sale in our new home. Did you catch that? Our New Home. A new season has begun and it was time to move some things on. Whenever someone is planning a yard sale, it usually starts with a box or two of junk that is taking up space in your home and you need to get rid of it. As you prepare, more things accumulate until you have enough stuff and then some to fill your yard with. Most of the time, the stuff you decide to get rid of is just stuff that doesn't have any significant value to you. Old clothes you have outgrown. toys you have not played with since you were in diapers, and so on. But what about the stuff that is harder to just thrown away? Could be something special to you, like a gift from a family member, or something of great value. How can you justify giving these things up? In life, we go through many seasons. Some are cold and dreary, some are full of new life, but in every season, we need the right equipment. In order to make room for the right, we must first remove the wrong. I'm not saying the things you have held onto are necessarily bad, just space takers for the good. If you have a garage full of beach toys and scuba gear, but you are going on a ski trip, you need to change what you have otherwise you will freeze tumbling down those big slopes. In the same way, God is telling us to switch out the old things so he can give us the new. "But God, this stuff is important to me, I could never part from these." "Ok God, I will get rid of the stuff I don't want, but the things of value, I will price it so high that nobody will want to take it off my hands, only if someone pays really well for that thing will I be ok parting with it." Have you ever considered that the things you have held onto for so long are the things stopping you from moving forward. The old habits you used to partake in are getting in the way of the better journey God wants you to walk out. Sometimes, God puts it on our hearts to have a spiritual yard sale. To clean out our trash to make way for his treasure in our lives. Are you ready to part with your junk so God can give you something better? I know I am. I just hope that when the time comes, you will be too. Give God your all, and he will give you things you never knew your life needed because you were too busy looking at the old. Lose the junk, Find the Joy.

"What is more, O count it all loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Jesus Christ my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage that I may gain Christ"- Philippians 3:8

Adam Semple- A young Man on a Mission From God  

No comments:

Post a Comment