Saturday, May 12, 2018

Psalms 1- Blessings of God

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord , and on his law he meditates day and night."
Psalms 1:1‭-‬2 ESV

I love reading through the book of Psalms. Although it is the longest book of the bible, it is the one book that when I don't know what to read, I flip open my bible, land on a Psalm and go from there. I love that throughout the book, David reassures us that in every situation, God has a plan and it is our job to praise him in the midst of it. It's very cool how David lays everything out right from the beginning. Walk with God and your life will be blessed. Of course we know that it will not always be financially blessed, but spiritually blessed. Blessed with eternity with the Father in Heaven forever. Blessed in security in Him even when everything around us is falling apart. Just look at these great aspects of God's blessings over our lives.

"My God is my Rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my Salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior-from violent people you save me. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies."- 2 Samuel 22:3-4

"And God is able to bless you abundantly , so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."- 2 Corinthians 9:8

These and many more verses like those are the kind of blessings that I want from God. The ones that come when I am planted next to the Father in everything I do, that as I journey through life, He is there, guiding my every step, Just look at the next verse from Psalms chapter 1. "That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither- whatever they do prospers."- vs 3.

I believe it is time to get back to a place of planting ourselves next to the waters of God again and believing that the Father loves to bless his children when they do as he desires. I want to have a heart that trusts him with everything and knows without a doubt that he will always come through for me, even if it doesn't happen as I think it should or in the timeline I think it should happen. Everything I have ever needed or will ever need is found in the Father and when I need it, God will provide. And he will do it ways I never could have thought or imagined.

Adam Semple- A Young Man planting himself by the waters of God

*photo credit- harvestcotn.wordpress.com



No comments:

Post a Comment