Sunday, August 23, 2015

Caleb Patrick Semple- Always and Forever in our hearts

Today marks the 5th anniversary of a day that will stay in my memories for the rest of my life. On this day in August of 2010, my 12 year old brother passed away in the middle of the night. He had been born with a piece of his esophagus missing and for 12 years, he was constantly in and out of the hospital to try and get it fixed. After 60 something surgeries over the course of his life, in February of 2010, the doctors were finally able to replace the missing piece somehow and for 6 months, he was the healthiest little boy he had ever been. No more feeding tubes, no more hospital visits. If not for his weight, you never would have know anything was wrong. But then our world got turned upside down when on August 23rd, he had a stomach ache so bad him and my dad stayed home from church so he could take it easy. The following day, we went to our homeschool program that we had just started attending the beginning of that month, did some campaign for something and headed home, and all this time Caleb just wasn't feeling well. As we were going to bed, he still wasn't feeling right so he slept on the couch upstairs. Next thing we know, my father rushes into the room in a panic and says that Caleb is not breathing. We called 911 and an ambulance took my little brother away, and that was the last time I saw him alive. My brother and sister and I had gone over to our neighbors house after mom and dad left with the ambulance and by the time we got to the hospital he was already gone. By the end of the week, we had his funeral for the boy who died 12 years too young.

Naturally, we were confused and angry at God for taking him away from us, but then it became clear enough to us that he had suffered on this earth his whole life and know he was completely healed praising God in the heavenly realms, never to suffer again. His cause of death was not related to his esophagus, but rather his intestines had shut down, and there was nothing the doctors could have done. A couple weeks following, my sister had her 5th birthday and a month following that, my little brother was born.

It has been 5 years since that day, and a lot has changed for my family. There have been several moves, my eldest brother got married and I went off to school, but even though life went hard, we will never forget this little 62 pound ball of sunshine that according to doctors never should have lived to see his 2nd birthday that brought so much joy and happiness to this world. Every one who knew Caleb would all agree that even though his pain and hardships, he always had the biggest smile on his face, a smile that could light up a room and everyone inside of it. I love and I miss you Caleb, You will forever be in our hearts and your life will be remember as long as I live. I thank God for everyday you were with us, even though it didn't, nor will it ever feel, long enough. Enjoy singing with the angels to the great God, who loves us and always has a plan even when we don't see what it is yet.

Caleb Patrick Semple- April 10, 1998-August 24, 2010
Always and Forever in our hearts

Adam Semple- a young man waiting on God's plan

No comments:

Post a Comment