Saturday, August 1, 2015

Don't walk in Complacency, Walk in Contending

It is easy to see that God is in the testing business. Because of this thing called freewill, he wants to know that his children truly trust him in everything and with everything. One of the big things he asks us to trust him with is the financial matter of our lives. Whether it is trying to stay on top of bills each month, or increasing the tithes and offerings you give, money is just one of the things that we must learn how to trust God with when it comes to our walk with him. The last few months, I have been raising support for a school of missions and evangelism called Missio Dei. Last year was my first year with the school, and all the money came in with plenty of time before the year began. This year, it just wasn't coming like I had hoped. Long story short, I needed half my tuition to move in, and I just didn't have it. I have now been given a small window to raise what I need, but I have had to come to a point where I give it all to God and trust him to take care of the every detail. But trusting on a time limit is hard. It is my natural tendency to worry especially when I am pressed for time. So when God's timing does not fit with my timing, it can get frustrating.


It is in these times that we must learn to give it to God and contend with him. To contend means to assert or maintain a certain position. So when someone says they are contending with God, they are holding onto the foundation that the Father has laid out for them. So in this season, it is time to do some contending.



It is in the toughest areas of our life that we must hold onto the promises that God has placed in our lives, both spoken by an individual and the ones that have been dropped in one's spirit directly by the Father. Sometimes it is through the trials that God stretches our faith and test in how much we fully put our trust in Him and his word. During these times, we can not let the things around us get in the way of what God has spoken to us. During times of panic and distress, Satan will try to throw everything he has at you to stray from the course that God has placed you on. But you what to know what is so cool? Satan has nothing stored in his arsenal that can stop God from doing what needs to be done. He is not all powerful, he cant be in two places at once, and he can not see the big picture. he can only see what is laid out before you in the now, and when he sees something he doesn't like, he gets scared. At these point, he will do everything he knows to do to make sure you do not stay on the path. These are the times that we must stand firm in the things and promises spoken over us and declare them back at the devil, letting him fully know that he has no hold over our future and when God wants to do something, he will.



Life is never going to be easy. God never promises that it will. It fact, at times it will become very challenging. God wants to know that we are with him no matter what. Sometimes, that requires a little testing of our faith. So during these times, try to count yourself lucky that you are suffering for the sake of Christ.(James 1:2). Sometimes, God needs to stretch you out of where you are in order to move you into the place he has prepared for you. If this means that I need to get uncomfortable in order to grow, then I am willing to go into those places. I don't want to stay in the same place in my faith forever, but rather I want God to prepare me for whatever is coming next.



Let us not get complacent in our faith, instead let us contend for what is to come.



Adam Semple- a young man on a mission from God

No comments:

Post a Comment