Saturday, March 25, 2017

I've Got Nothing

"I have this great thought, but I have been staring at this blank screen for hours, and nothing is coming to mind."

Writer's block happens to the best of us at some point. You are in the middle of this big project, or you are trying to start one. You're computer is on and ready, Microsoft Word is open with a new document. The title is typed out, then, nothing. No thoughts, no ideas. Your mind goes completely blank. Writing a blog every week, I deal with this a lot. I know I need to write something, but, in the words of George McFly, "Nothing's coming to my mind". What's worse is when I have a topic, but no meat to fill my sandwich. I feel like this happens to a lot of Christians sometimes. God gives us something fantastic, and then, nothing. God drops a promise in your spirit, but waits to give you details. And if you are like most people, this can get pretty frustrating. Whenever writer's block hits, here is what usually occurs. At some point, I will get frustrated. Staring at a blank screen for hours at a time it seems can be that sometimes. But, after a little frustration, I close my computer, put it down and do something else. Then, when inspiration hits, I go back to my laptop as quickly as I can and finish what I started. God never gets writer's block. He knows how are story will unravel long before he gives us the plot, and he knows that sometimes, we will get frustrated. But there are times when we need to put down whatever is blocked in our lives, focus on something else, and then, when our mind is clear, we can go back to our original thought.
"He who has begun a good work in you will carry it onto completion until the day of Jesus Christ"- Philippians 1:6

The story of our lives will be full of empty details that have yet to be filled in. Just lay it aside for a while, concentrating on something else. In due time, the writer's block will be gone, and you can finish the story God has laid out before you.

Adam Semple- A Young Man On A Mission From God

*photo credit- thestorytellingnonprofit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment